MUST-SEEs: Best attractions in Hue, Vietnam Dai Noi (Imperial City)
The Imperial City of Hue is a massive complex of ancient Citadel monuments in Vietnam, imposing Hue royal architecture with numerous admirable temples, lavish palaces, and dignified shrines. The two main areas include the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, which take an average of one day to discover. Visitors are greatly impressed by the architectural works of Ngo Mon Gate, Thai Hoa Palace, Dien Tho Palace, Can Chanh Palace, Thai Binh Lau, and Dien Tho Palace.
The mausoleum system in Hue is one of the most elaborate designs in the history of Vietnamese architecture. There are 7 variations of architecture, each one of which reflects a different cultural and economic environment that was synonymous with a particular historical period.
● Tomb of Emperor Gia Long: Lies on Thien Tho, Huong Tho, Huong Tra district, Thua Thien – Hue.
● Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang: 12km from downtown Hue, located on Cam Khe mountain, near Bang Lang junction, otherwise known as “Hieu Lang”
● Tomb of Emperor Thieu Tri: Leaning against Thuan Dao mountain, in Cu Chanh village, Thuy Bang, Huong Thuy, 8km from downtown Hue
● Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc: Located in a narrow valley in Thuong Ba village, Thuy Xuan, downtown Hue
● Tomb of Duc Duc: Located in An Cuu, downtown Hue.
● Tomb of Dong Khanh: Thuong Hai village, Thuy Xuan, downtown Hue, located between Thieu Tri’s Tomb and Tu Duc’s Tomb
● Tomb of Khai Dinh: Lies on Chau Chu mountain, Thuy Bang, Huong Thuy, 10km southwest of downtown Hue
Find out more about the tombs of Minh Mang, Tu Duc and Khai Dinh.
Bronze gilded statue of Emperor Khai Dinh
Tomb of Minh Mang.
Thien Mu Pagoda
Phuoc Duyen Tower at Thien Mu Pagoda.
An Hien Garden House
Once a residence of a princess, An Hien Garden House is one of the most ancient garden houses in Hue City. The ancient house follows Vietnamese tradition, such as perfect furniture installation, the sharp corners of the lotus pond and stone walk highlighting parallelity, the brick wall well-carved with ‘Longevity’ in the middle and ‘Happiness’ on both sides to carry the grace and lucky wish, making An Hien a place with timeless and endless trails.
A detailed guide about An Hien Garden House here
MUST-Dos: Things to do in Hue, Vietnam Enjoy Hue culinary
Famous for its vibrant colors and remarkable flavors, Hue cuisine has long been beloved by many. The term “art” is well-attached to every dish, no matter where its origin, as Hue cuisine embraces the Imperial sense and the truly Hue lifestyle.
To Silk Path Grand Hue Hotel & Spa, each dish is a delight and a work of art, reflects not only the Chefs’ skillful technique but also the profound love of Hue people for cuisines, in another way, life’s share.
Fine dining collection of Hue culinary at Silk Path Grand Hue Hotel & Spa
Explore the coffee & tea culture
Nothing kicks off your inner energy better than a cup of good coffee or tea. To Hue people, enjoying coffee and tea is a local culture, as they take quite some time to indulge in the drink and live in the moment.
When in Hue, do not miss the chance to stop by Silk Path Grand Hue (No. 2, Le Loi Street, Vinh Ninh Ward, Hue City) to cool down your journey with the signature Afternoon Tea set, from VND 190,000++/ person.
Take photos with traditional costumes
Photo by Hoa Nghiem Bridal